Sunday, November 23, 2014


Memories

Since I was a child I could always recognize the aroma of marijuana.  The sweet smell that made everyone more relaxed and a little goofy.  They seem to become more animated as if an button was some how turned on.  With laughter spilling from every corner of the room.


The music became louder and as the music rose so did the voices as if they were fighting with each other over who could be the loudest.  It was like a real live comedy being put on just for me.

Now there is another aroma in the filling the room.  Food.  Someone is cooking.  It smell so good.  But if I leave my hiding spot I could be found out and have to go back to bed.

They ate every plate and bowl that came out of the kitchen as if it was their last meal.  No laughter or talking, just the constant sound of hums as they ate.  Suddenly the music is lowered and conversations become a little sudued.  A little sadder.

Then there’s that sweet smell.  And I drift off to sleep listening to the music and  voices fight with each other. And the smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment